- This event has passed.
In-Person Physical Distancing Candle Light Vigil
November 3, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Together we embrace community and peace. Amid anxiety and fear and the talk of violence, we will gather responsibly in person as we embrace Jesus’ command to love one another. Join Pastor Dries on the corner of Shook and Bushnell around the Black Lives Matter sign as we pray, chant, and meditate. Bring yourself, family, friends, and love ones as we wear masks, maintain a safe distance, and adhere to our community pledge of safety and wellbeing.
Commitment To Community
While we cannot avoid risk, we can minimize it by an ethical commitment to community well-being. For your safety, the service will be conducted outside on the grass facing Bushnell, in front of the UPC Sanctuary. We will be wearing masks and practicing social distancing.
- Your lawn chairs/blankets
- Hand sanitizer
- Face mask
- Dress comfortably as weather dictates
Safety Guideline for Outdoor Service
- Please minimize the use of the church bathrooms. The Narthex bathrooms will be available for urgent use.
- Masks are mandatory at all times: Masks protect you and other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not exhibit symptoms. The speaker(s) and musician(s) may remove their masks when sharing a meditation, instructions, welcome, chant or song while staying 25 feet from attendees. They will put their masks back on as soon as they are able.
- Social distancing will be enforced (at least 6 feet). As you arrive, volunteers will help you and your family follow social distancing.
- We will not use hymnals or bulletins. In the future, we might share readings or prayers electronically as the service evolves.
- No offertory will be taken at this moment. We do, however, encourage electronic or mailed payments for your financial contributions.
- No physical contact is encouraged, like the shaking of hands, hugging, or kissing.
- No childcare is available at this time.
- Please check for signs and symptoms before you arrive. If you are sick or have had close contact with a person with COVID-19, please stay home.
- Photos/video of the service will be taken for attendance purposes.